- ¾ cup (75g) old-fashioned oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- ¼ cup (30g) whole wheat or millet flour (measured correctly)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (30mL) pure maple syrup*
- 1 ½ tbsp (21g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 6 cups (840g) frozen blueberries
- 3 tbsp (24g) cornstarch
- 2 tsp almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and lightly coat an 8”-square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To prepare the oat streusel topping, whisk together the oats, flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add in the maple syrup and butter, stirring until completely incorporated.
- To prepare the filling, stir together the blueberries, cornstarch, and almond extract in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Transfer the filling to the prepared pan, and sprinkle the oat streusel on top. Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes, or until the blueberry juices are bubbling at the sides. Cool completely to room temperature; then chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
-To see more visit: http://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2015/06/10/clean-blueberry-almond-crumble/